Acupuncture is often effective in treating a wide range of complaints and ailments, including chronic fatigue, depression, back pain, joint pain, infertility, asthma, addictions, and stress. The documented acupuncture benefits go back hundreds of years and are noted in several countries. Acupuncture is also helpful for many chronic illnesses and health concerns that have no clear origin or cause. Patients committed to a healthy lifestyle who receive ongoing acupuncture treatment for maintenance and health promotion often experience:
* Being sick less often and recovering more quickly
* Improvement of vitality and stamina
* Being able to take care of their own health
* Relationships with others deepening and becoming more harmonious
* Reductions in long term health care costs
A recent survey of people who receive acupuncture, conducted by Claire Cassidy, Ph.D., indicates that they see their physicians less frequently and use fewer medications. In addition, over two thirds of those surveyed reported having avoided recommended surgery.